Re: 180 T-Stat ... Explain?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 11:06:16 EST

There are a lot of other variables to take into consideration on this
(timing, air/fuel mixture, etc)..but the main one is Temperature. (The 180
degree is referring to Fahrenheit.)

On a stock engine, the performance increase will be almost nothing. On a
slightly modified engine (including Ignition, Chip, Exhaust, and Intake
mods), running the engine slightly cooler will not only increase
performance, but also may prevent "pinging" in some cases as well.

Again, there is a lot of other variable to put into this formula, but that
is the main one.

BTW: The "Stock" Thermostat is, I believe, 195 degree.