Re: cb stuff

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 13:38:56 EST

>Now I have a 98 with a bed cover and have a magnetic Lil' wil... best
>small magnet mount to get.. much better than a K-40. The lil' wil
>handles more power than a big K-40

The Wilson Lil Wil is a nice all-in-one mag mount, but it wonīt handle the
power that a Wilson 1000 or Wilson 2000 will. I donīt think you can buy a
K40 new anymore.

One nice thing about the K40 for offroad use is the 60-degree release that
allows you to quick-release the coil and whip from the base. Works even if
the base is on the mag mount - so thereīs less chance of getting dust
between the paint and magnet. I pull mine off before going under thick
trees, then slap it back on.

Together with stock Uniden PC122, I get better reception than anyone else I
run with, and get out just fine.

Iīve got two handhelds that Iīve set up with Lil Wilīs for car caravans.
Works okay, but not great.

Jim
93 CC 4x4 V8