Re: Turbocharged Racing

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 13:36:08 EST

In a message dated 3/30/99 12:52:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com writes:

> I could (with bad shifting technique) smoke the tires of that car into
> third gear. I've never driven another car that could do that and certainly
> no
> automatic could, they just don't have the power transfer ability.

I could spin my Turbo Buick with an automatic though ANY gear I wished as LONG
as I wanted (read: how big my nuts were at the time) I have seen many
Automatic Buicks and Turbo TransAms spin tire all the way down a 1/4 mile race
trace with ease. I have driven one of those Diamond Star stick turbos and it
felt like a slug next to my Buick with an Auto. I am not saying you cant have
a quick 5 speed turbo car but saying turbo automatics don't have power
transfer is ridiculous. The Buick and Typhoon guys would eat you for lunch.
I even have a few .avi vid clips of a Stock Turbo TransAm smokin em' all the
way down the track... it looks sweet if anyone is interested.
Charles