Re: (no subject)

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 14:46:28 EST

Dr. Pat chips in...
Do you know fo anyone running a 7 psi turbo? Probably not. Turbos are like
nitrous in that you always want more. You start out with a system that is
designed for and is safe at 6-7 psi. Then you start cheating. You bump up the
boost to 8 and you get more power and no problems. So you go to 10, then 15,
then 20, BOOOOOM! there go your heads. If people ran their turbo systems at
the boost levels they were designed for there would be no problems. If you
want a 20 psi system,get a 20 psi system. Don't buy the base system and cheat
to get more boost. As for durability, it's almost a moot point, big rigs
routinely run turbos for 100,000+ miles with no problem. In any case there
are NO TURBO KITS for our trucks. So the blowers win hands down(by default).
Dr. Pat