Re: Show Season coming........are you ready??

From: David Henry (dhenry@advdata.net)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 19:58:47 EST

Hmm. That's got me thinking. I've got a Cap with a 4" rise on my dak. My
bicycle fits in standing (front tire off, fork mount on 2x4), but it's to
tall to fit through the opening. I was thinking of trying to put a lifter
(hydraulic / air) in the bed stake pockets and attaching the cap to the
ends. By doing this, I could raise up the cap a few inches to make it
easier to get stuff in. I also use the Dak for camping. A nice thick air
mattress in the bed is much more comfortable than the ground (especially
when it's raining!). I was thinking that it would be cool to lift the cap
up a foot or so & then have a waterproof nylon that I could Velcro on to
give more interior room. I'd be interested to see what you have for your
cover.

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI

> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:57:37 EST
> From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
> Subject: DML: Show Season coming........are you ready??
>
> What's up fellow DML'ers, it's that time of year where I rejoice for
the
> warmer weather (NY here, it gets damn cold in the winter!). So once
again
> I've been bitten by the truck bug, and been spending alot of time working
on
> the truck. Replacing burnt out neon tubes, tired tires, and tuning the
stereo
> system until the windshield wipers bounce off the winshield (man, that's
soo
> cool).
> New things I've installed is a new pneumatic bed cover lift. The old
one
> failed on me quite drastically, so I designed a new one to work better.
It