Re[2]: Re: MSD vs. Accel

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Apr 02 1999 - 10:41:50 EST

Thanks Bernd.
Is the P/N for the 5.2 the same for the 3.9? If so do you happen to know what
it is... More importantly, how much did this system set you back?
Tom

Subject: Re: DML: Re: MSD vs. Accel
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 4/2/99 9:13 AM

Not really. There's other tweaks that have been done to some of the trucks
on the list that may require "better than 88 Octane". With the MSD, you do
have to gap the plug slightly larger to take advantage of the system (.050"
is average for the '97+ Dak's).

At 09:26 AM 04/02/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Do you have run premium gas with these ignitions or is that just with the
HiPo
>chip?
>Tom

>_________________________________
>Subject: DML: Re: MSD vs. Accel
>Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
>Date: 4/2/99 7:24 AM
>

>So far, the MSD 6A seems to be the ignition box of choice.
>
>Bernd D. Ratsch
>Pflugerville, TX
>bernd@texas.net
>http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
>1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
>

>> Has anyone had any experience with Accel 300+ ignition? Which would be
>> the best for a v6, the MSD or the Accel. The accel comes in a kit with
>> it's own coil, I would use the blaster III if I went with the MSD.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC (V6)