Re: Sore Winner!?!

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 15:55:08 EDT

> hi all,
> i was involved in a street race with a cherokee 4.0 sport today, the guy
> got ahead of me about two car lengths and couldnt pull away any further,
> so what does he do, he changes lanes and is now directly in front of me
> and locks up the brakes, i came inches from his rear bumper, christ i
> thought i was going to kill my dak, i could see my insurance prices
> skyrocketing in front of my eyes. i couldnt get ahead of him, i was not
> falling behind or getting ahead, i was pissed, and before i know it, im
> almost kissing his bumper again, i gotta do something, and i gotta do it
> fast!, can someone with a v6 tell me what i can do to get some more
> speed from my 6r, anything, oh yeah , has anyone changed their fan with
> an electric one? how hard is it, i heard that will give me an extra 5-7
> horse.
>
> Ed

Have you modifyied your Throttle body yet Ed? Also Mopar Muscle
magazine had a good article last year on modifying the V6 and
brought the ET's down to the low 15's w/out headers. Some mods
are simple, ie...TB, while others are more involved...manifold
porting. The issue was June 1998. I don't know what you've done
to your engine, but headers, free flowing muffler and TB would
probably nail the coffin on the 4.0 shut! Good luck!

GS -