Viper Torque Converter Answers

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 17:55:42 EDT

OK Guys & Gals I got another e-mail from Precision Industries answering the
list of questions that I had sent them yesterday. Below is the reply

<<BILL,
>Thanks for your reply and a couple of questions.
>1. Does this converter retain the lock-up capabilities ?
YES.
>2. What is the approx. stall speed ?
DEPENDS ON YOUR MODS. USUALLY AROUND 2800 THOUGH.
>3. What if any warrantee?
2 YEARS, 100%.
>4. Are these a stock item ready to ship ?
THEY ARE CUSTOM BUILT AND RIGHT NOW WE'RE RUNNING ABOUT 1 TO 1-1/2 WEEKS
FROM ORDER TO SHIPPING.
>5. Are these new or remanufactured ?
BOTH. ALL AFTER MARKET COMPANIES START WITH A 'CORE'. WE ONLY KEEP 3 OF THE
MAIN COMPONENTS AND MAKE THE REST.
>6. Why are they about twice the cost of others ( I don't mind paying for
>something if I'm getting my moneys worth) ?
FOR THE MOST PART, THE REASONS ARE LISTED (LENGTH OF WARRANTY, WHAT THE
PRODUCT IS, AND THE RESULTS). NO OTHER COMPANY HAS A CNC MACHINED BILLET
FRONT COVER, OR A LARGER THAN STOCK CLUTCH SURFACE (WHICH IS A BETTER
LINING TOO), AND CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE RESULTS THAT ARE CLAIMED.
>7. Any other comments ?
JUST WAITING FOR YOUR ORDER!

JACK SEDORY
PRECISION INDUSTRIES
800-649-7866>>

Sooooooooo whats the thoughts here now ? 795 for the converter and 100 for
adapter ??

The only real good part is there 1/2 sec + claims and a 2 year warrantee . Is
it woth double the money ??? Your thoughts ?

Bill