Re: Dumps? -Reply

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 10:17:51 EDT

They're an exhaust component welded in before the cat. They look like a
y with one pipe going straight through to the rest of the exhaust (cat,
mufflers, pipes) and the other just coming directly off the exhaust
"dumping" the gas early, right at the door. It basically allows you to
choose between an entire (legal) exhaust, and headers, Y pipe, and thats
it (illegal.)