Re: Cat Converter having kittens

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 19:43:53 EDT

They're also referred to as +ACI-Catastrophic Converters+ACI-. :)

+AD4- I crawled under the truck and sure enough, the cat was
+AD4- making all the racket. I banged on it a couple of times with a hammer, but
+AD4- the rattle did not stop. I checked the heat shields and they were all nice
+AD4- and tight. I shut the truck off and banged a couple of more times. The
+AD4- rattle is definately inside the cat. On the drive home I noticed that the
+AD4- performance of the truck was way off too. All RPM bands were affected and
+AD4- the tranny would kick down with the slightest application of throttle when
+AD4- on the highway.......................+ADw-snip+AD4-
+AD4- I guess the only good thing about this is that my 318 V8 now sounds like a
+AD4- 5.9 Cummins at idle+ACE-
+AD4-
+AD4- John
+AD4- 98 Dakota 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar (Leach) headers
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-