CB vs. Cell Phone

From: David Henry (dhenry@advdata.net)
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 17:25:05 EDT

I think I've narrowed the CB down to the remote mount unit from Cobra. As
an added bonus it has 10 weather bands too. If I have this in the Dak, do
I really need a cell phone too, or can I use the CB to get the cops if
needed? I've had the phone for 3.5 years, and almost never use it. In
fact, whenever I do try to use it I usually find out that the battery has
discharged and it doesn't work anyway. If I were in the Dak, I'd just use
the power adapter, but I don't have on of those on the bike though.

Most of the time I'm in the metro Detroit area, but also figured the CB
could be good if I ever make it to a DML meet. I either find out about the
cool Toronto ones when they're over because I got too far behind on the
list, or they're schedule when I can't make it. I do hope to make it to
Milan in June though.

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI