open differential question?

From: Aaron (acolona@i-55.com)
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 16:23:23 EDT

Couple things:

1. I don't have the limited slip, the other one that i do have IS called an
open differential- correct?

2. Sometimes mine burns both tires and sometimes it doesn't, what could be
causing it? I notice it burns 1 tire 90% of the time and then when i hit
second i leave 2 marks 50% of the time.

3. what would be the cheapest way to get some form of posi trac or limtied
slip on my truck. It would probably require a new rear end, right? What
about that mopar sure-grip pluging or whatever the heck it is?

I'm pretty new at rear ends, so anyone who can help out any, i appreciate
it.

Aaron C.
99 5.2 CC Manual low 14's (estimate)