Re: open differential question?

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 17:00:49 EDT

<< 1. I don't have the limited slip, the other one that i do have IS called an
 open differential- correct?

Yes, its either locked, LSD, or open differential

 2. Sometimes mine burns both tires and sometimes it doesn't, what could be
 causing it? I notice it burns 1 tire 90% of the time and then when i hit
 second i leave 2 marks 50% of the time.

Not sure here, are you sure you don't have an LSD in the rear?

 3. what would be the cheapest way to get some form of posi trac or limtied
 slip on my truck. It would probably require a new rear end, right? What
 about that mopar sure-grip pluging or whatever the heck it is?

No, you don't need a new rear end or new anything. Just find the LSD you
want, and make sure it is for the gear ratio you have along with maybe
finding out your axle spline number. It doesn't require new gears, axle
shafts, or anything else, just installation. I had a LSD installed 3 years
ago in my 93 Dak(4WD) 3.55 geared rear diff for only $125; just for
installation. Think I paid $250 for the Mopar LSD

 I'm pretty new at rear ends, so anyone who can help out any, i appreciate
 it.

Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6