On the road

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 22:25:42 EDT

Howdy from Flagstaff, AZ. Drove from San Diego to
Flagstaff Friday morning. 7.5 hours with stops. I brought gas (10
gallons) with the RT as I wasn't sure of the range. Managed 289 miles
on the 22 gallons (plus reserve... I pulled over and put 10 gallons in
via gas cans before I ran empty). Managed 15.03 mpg on the first 160
miles (70 mph on cruise), and 15.2 mpg running 75, some traffic through
Phoenix, and then 85-90 up the grade (going with the flow).

Went the local Dodge dealership to check out if they had RT's like
before. They had one solar RT Club cab like ours... pretty weird since
it's a small dealership. Then later saw the same truck on the road, so
I guess somebody already owns it.

PROBLEM: I am parked under about 20 100' pine trees with the YELLOW
RT, and I've got pine sap all over the truck!! ARGGHH!!! I am heading
down to the local do it your self car wash, and see if I can get this
crap off before it bakes driving through 100F + temps tomorrow on the
way home. Anyone else ever deal with this?

Sam '99 RT x 2

BTW: Gas is $1.339 here... should have brought more gas cans to take
home!! He He