Re: Lockers used with a manual trans

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 14:31:32 EDT

Yeah, us 4x4'ers are generally the lurkers of the group I
guess. 'Cept for Kyle who is always shouting "MY '93 DAK
4x4 is the BEST!!!" Just kiddin' with 'ya Kyle. ;)
Anyway, yeah I take my truck wheel'n whenever I can, and
have even been on one trail where I only saw Jeeps and dirt
bikes. It's certainly a very capable 4x4. I am curious
about the locker topic. This is my first vehicle with 4WD,
although I basically grew up in the back of a Jeep (my Mom
made my Dad sell it before I was of driving age--BUMMER!!),
so I was wondering if anyone could explain the concept of a
locker to me. Also, I have the LSD and how does that work
with a locker? What about the front drivetrain--any way to
improve this? Oh, and what is the front drivetrain? Is it
like a Dana something or other? Just need someone to sit
down and explain this stuff to me.

A curious wheeler,
JY
Vegas '98 5.2L 4x4 CC