RE: Newark Insurance (long)

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 20:16:37 EDT

This is coming from my GF (who is the owner of an agency here in NJ so it
may not apply in your state) and is off the record.

The insurance company doe's NOT have to be located in the the state that
they are a producer in, BUT their agents have to be. Obivously you have to
report the accident to your company and fill out an "Insurance Statement of
Loss", and provide the Police report. The other insurance company can
require that you (and not your insuance company) also provide the report and
fill out a copy of an Insurance Statement of Loss. I believe that either the
other guy is jerking them around and the company needs more information to
process , or the company itself is jerking you around. I'd hedge a bet it is
the latter of the two. Contact your insurance company and or the State Board
of Insurance. Best course of action is get the info to other insurance
company asap then fight it out. Once they have the info they do not have a
leg to stand on.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd