Re: Re: RE: MPI single plane

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 22:28:51 EDT

At 09:52 PM 5/13/99 , you wrote:

><< This manifold looks like it would work with a "fogger" type nitrous system.
> >>
>One cool thing about the intake is that it's designed as a wet intake. Some
>have advised against using standard nitrous packages because of fuel puddling
>in the stock "dry" intake. Seems to me that this won't be a problem with the
>M1 or MPI intake. And it's got the standard Holley bolt pattern on top as
>well. Hmmmm.

  Yep. But... (You just knew there'd be a "but", right?) :-)

  Mopar screwed this up for us too. :-( The TB adaptor on the top of the
intake is used for 2 of the 4 fuel rail mount points. So... If you want
to put a spray bar in there, you'd have to shave down the mount points on
the TB adaptor. (And possibly re-thread because the thread probably
doesn't go down far enough.)

  Also, because the adaptor makes this intake the same as the stock intake,
any plate you add will decrease your current hood clearance.

  I was planning on using a spray bar but I guess I'll just have to go with
whatever the default Nitrous Express setup is. (Can someone who has one
tell me what that is?) I've heard jets, jets in a spacer, spray bar, etc.
Nitrous Express won't return my e-mail, so I'm in the dark here. The group
buy is through Terry at pro-glass, right? Maybe I'll have to give him a call.

                                               -Jon-