Rhino Liner Disaster

From: Ollie Garcia (motoplex@midsouthmotoplex.com)
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 23:18:57 EDT

Just had a rhino liner installed yesterday. I hadn't washed my truck in a
few days so today I start washing and I discover overpsray all over the
hood, roof, rail sides, etc. Can VERY visually see it on windows, chrome,
etc. Tape lines are very apparent. I'm at a loss of words. I'm so mad. This
is a '99 vehicle that is 7 days old. Called a friend of mine that runs a
body shop and she said she might have some chemicals that could pull it off
that wouldn’t hurt the clear coat, but she also said that a customer came in
with a Ford last year with the same problem that they couldn’t do anything
with. Searching the archives (a little late) I see that other owners have
had problems with this, anyone have any luck removing the overspray? Anyone
have any suggestions? Anyone know a hit team I can hire? I'm not going to
post the Rhino's dealer name just yet because I haven't contacted them yet,
so they might make good (somehow I doubt it), but if his solution is "bring
her over I'll fix her up" and proceeds to pull out a can of highly abrasive
rubbing compound I'm not interested. I wonder if Rhino Inc hears allot of
these complaints and if they even care. Are they going to do the "see your
local dealer" thing? Again, any help/suggestions is appreciated.

Ollie Garcia
Flame Red '99 CC V8 4x4 (that looks permanently dusty now)