Re: Fw: Durango pinging

From: KUZNIK TRENTEN (dakota97@home.com)
Date: Sun May 16 1999 - 20:06:08 EDT

I run mostly Chevron but will use Esso if the price is right, once in a
blue moon, anyway I did every couple of months add supreme + 94 octane I
believe but I usually use Reg 88 octane and I did have a pinging
problem, started at about 33 000km. Plus I believe in Canada we have a
better quality of gas from what Im told anyway.

Why do they keep blaming the type of gas used, haven't these 318 been
around for quiet a long time. Are the older model Dakota engines pinging
or is it just the latest models with this problem.

If so many people on this list are having pinging problems I find it
hard to blame the type of gas used, wouldn't this mean a larger problem
than the type of gas being used. Plus I find it hard to believe if so
many people have this same problem that they blame it on the spark plugs
which the dealer I went to said was the problem, they did change them
and haven't herd the pinging yet 44 000km. Did they just do what was
necessary to hide the problem until my warranty runs out or what.

Anyway later... Trent