Re: NOS question

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun May 23 1999 - 22:30:30 EDT

  I don't actually have a nitrous kit yet, but I've been doing a little
research on it, so I can answer some of your questions...

At 10:18 PM 5/23/99 , you wrote:
>I am looking into the NX Nos kit via the RT registry.
>
>First question: Who's run with this, and how difficult to install??
>
>Second question: Is is a dry system (via the air intake) or a wet system??

   All of NX's systems are wet. That particular system sprays nitrous and
fuel through the TB and intake. The system I am going to be using is the
Gemini Twin, which sprays via a plate below the TB, but you need the MPI or
a modified M1 for that.

>Final question : Where's a good place to put the bottle in a RT RC??? I'd
> like to put it behind my seat, but not too sure
>about the
> safety issues with doing that... the bed would
>be the ideal
> area, but I don't have a t. cover.

   A couple of concerns with this: With the bottle inside the cab, you run
the risk of the nitrous being vented into the cab if something happens. NX
sells an NHRA blow-down kit which I believe will vent it outside the cab,
but I don't know too much about it. Another concern is the bottle
placement. NOS strongly recommends that the bottle be mounted such that
the nozzle is facing forward. This allows the pick up tube (at the back of
the bottle) to be immersed in liquid nitrous at all times. I don't know if
NX recommends the same, but I imagine the bottles would be about the
same... ? Anyway, if you're talking about the RC dak, I don't know that
there'd be too many places inside the cab where the bottle could be mounted
with the nozzle forward.

                                               -Jon-