RE: RE: Spanking Talk

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 13:11:20 EDT

Good One!!

-----Original Message-----
From: JeffofSLU@aol.com [mailto:JeffofSLU@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 1999 1:03 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: RE: Spanking Talk

In a message dated 5/24/99 12:33:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
jdharmon@earthlink.net writes:

<< As a well meaning and dedicated Dak owner as well as DML subscriber, I
 wonder if we could spend more time talking about our Daks and help each
 other than trying to make Chev and Ford owners feel angry or bad about
 their purchase decision.>>

I don't think that's the intent of most of the people here. For the most
part, it's done in a good natured way. After all, some DMLers own Fords and

Chevys. There's atleast one guy with a Z28 and another with a Mustang that
judging by its mods is capable of atleast 12's in the quarter. I've never
heard them complain once about feeling picked on, and since their cars
(atleast the Mustang) are probably faster than most if not all of the Daks
here, if there were any real picking to be done it is their's to do on us.

 <<Personally, I don't have to prove anything about my Dak. I love the
 truck and if someone else doesn't, it is their loss. Stop wasting time
 and mailbox space. Let us get on with why the DML was created in the
 first place. >>

It's not a question of proving anything about my truck or about myself, for
that matter. It's a question of measuring just how much my truck has
improved since I got it. The best way to measure that is against other
vehicles, especially sports cars like the Mustang and Z28. A truck is at a
serious disadvantage racing a sports car. Poor aerodynamics, greater
weight,
and less aftermarket support all handicap our Daks in comparison to the
above
two cars. When one of our trucks runs with or beats a "sports" car it's a
victory for all Dakota kind. It gives us something to shoot for, and for me

atleast, it's fun, win or loose.

Jeff