RE: WAS: Not My Day NOW: TINT

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 03:48:32 EDT

Mel...

I thought I'd hold my tongue on this one as well... but Oh Well!
I support your comments (almost 100%). If "depriving" individuals of the
'right' to tint their windows so damn dark they can't even see out, means
one officer's life is saved, then so be it. Aaron, what are you doing in
your car that you're so afraid of others seeing? If you've nothing to hide,
you've nothing to worry about, right?

I'm not against tinting windows, but there is a reasonable limit for
everything. You rail against the government mandating elements of your
private life... well, its come to that because personal responsibility and
the use of common sense have disappeared in our society. Instead of relying
on others to exercise common sense/responsibility and a sense of decency in
their personal conduct, we've come to the point of having to create laws to
mandate behavior.

Believe me, I'm probably about as right-wing as you'll want to come across.
I don't believe that all police are good (like the one yesterday morning who
made an illegal right on red & drove a block to turn into the 7-11 - not
exactly a 'police emergency' - if he'd been behind me making that turn, you
bet he would have given me a ticket!)

But I'd rather have a good police force (even with some of the bad apples)
then deal with the chaos that would come with a powerless police presence.

Dak content follows...

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil - Rancho 5000/9000
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI