Re: Re: return to six-speed.....

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 19:12:12 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/99 6:31:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HEMI@charter.net
writes:

<<
 One of the reasons they had to fabricate the gaudy looking body panels on
 the SR-71 is because the Viper has a much wider track than a Dakota .

 The rear unit is a sub-frame that bolts into the existing Dakota frame .

See, that's what I would like to work around! If I had the cash I know I
could do it. I don't know why these so called fabricators cant just fab a
unit to work with the existing frame and not have to make these gaudy body
panels. It would cost as much or less to build it right than to make the
fixtures and parts for the lame body.
Just my .02!
Eric