going to hell in a handbasket

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 23:36:35 EDT

Well , I am finally drawing to a close , quite possibly the worste week in
my existence .

After my truck had been at my dealer for what seemed like an eternity , I
was supposed to get it back last Saturday morning , and I was going to
install the headers & downpipes along with my brother , who has every tool
known to man along with nice air tools .

So of course I didn't get my truck back until yesterday and it wasn't even
really finished .

So my brother had told me , don't worry , we can do it during the week
after work before you go to the Southern Nats .

So I go over and he gives me this BS line about being too busy and we can
do it maybe next week !

Yeah , after I put vinyl siding on his new shop and garage in exchange for
doing the headers with me and I told him several months ago about wanting
them done before this race !

So anyway , bottom line is no headers !

I don't think I will get my TB in time ,unless it comes in before I leave
tomorrow afternoon , so no TB .

I couldn't use the Dayco belt number that was listed as being the one for
the AC/Power Steering bypass belt . The one I was given , which had been
cross-referenced to the Dayco # was only 6 ribs , and I need 7 . It also
would not have contacted the water pump enough , it was too long .

No bypass belt either .

What *did* I get done to my truck ?

Well , new cap & rotor , my existing 14" FABM , and Magnecor wires .

That's it !

Oh , and to make things more fun , work has been a living hell this week
with a 18 hour network outage in one of my systems in AL . Did I mention
that I hate going to this polace at all , much less twice or three times in
a week ?

So I will be at the races this weekend , and all I really have to help me
is the hope that the slicks , without tubes :) , will maybe cut my 60'
times just a bit .

I hafta go and look for a rusty razor to slit my wrists now .

Oh , when I got home and realized that the headers would not be going on ,
I returned them to their rightful spot on the kitchen floor , hehe .

W. Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html

ICQ#: 32611901