Re: MPG

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Tue Jun 08 1999 - 08:55:37 EDT

At 02:53 AM 6/8/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>I got 30 MPG on my vacation trip, driving from Lubbock TX to Carlsbad NM;
>averaged 65-70 mph ('95 4cyl.). While I was in NM, El Paso, and Arizona;
>I got between 25 and 30 MPG. Between Dayton and NM (coming and going), I
>only averaged between 20 and 25 MPG. Does an increase in altitude
>increase milage? That is about the only thing I can think of, as much of
>my driving at home is highway.
>
>Angela Chavez
>Wright State University
>Dayton OH
>howlingwolf1@juno.com

That's about right for a 4-cylinder , and actually on the better than
average side . I had a 94 4-cylinder before my R/T and I live in Atlanta .

It is flat most everywhere here and I would commute about 75 miles each way
to work running about 85-90 and got around 26 .

I dunno about an increase in altitude *increasing* mileage , I thought it
was always the transverse .

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html