Throttle Body Mods - Again

From: Chuck and/or Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 15:40:22 EDT

Greetings

   I have been trying to sift through the archives to try and see if there
was ever a comparison done
to see if a ported V-6 TB had a comparable CFM to a stock V-8 TB. So, far I
have not had any luck.
    I have a '99 V-6 which I want to change/modify the TB on, but I'm not
sure which way to go. Should
I port my 6er or should I install a V-8 TB and port the intake manifold ?
Also, what about installing a
ported V-8 TB. Would that be too much air for my 6er ?
    Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just want to be sure before I do
it.

Thanks,

Chuck in Cranston, RI
'99 Intense Blue Dak Sport, RC 3.9L 5 spd
Sport Plus Group, Factory molded running boards
10" Edelbrock Elite air cleaner, 10 x 2.75 K&N air filter
Homemade ram air, 180 Stant stat,
V-Tech marker masks & taillight covers
DML digest mode