RE: home brew intake and pics

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 15:15:54 EDT

I like your design but to me it seems the closer you get it to that cool air
the better it's gonna work. Your setup would work great if it were a
totally heat resistant sealed box, but I've thought a lot about it and in my
honest opinion that filter sittin on top of the engine is a bad move. I
know the 14" K&N is the popular setup right now but common sense to me
says....warm air+heat rises=less power. Now I'm not saying the round filter
setup isn't working..beacause it is...and your design is one step better.
Sealing that filter off and getting that cold air to it is the right idea.
It's the same plan I have, and will finish as soon as I build a better
shield. I just figure the closer I can get that filter to that nice big
opening the coole air will always be getting. Just my .02 I love you setup
though!