home brew intake and pics

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 1999 - 08:58:01 EDT

After all the talk of different air intakes I went out and decided to make
my own as many of you have already. I snapped a couple of pics so tell me
what you think. The setup consists of a 9" K&N cone, two 2.5" heat
resistant polymer tubes, a few other gadgets, and about 10 minutes to
install. The heat shield is a temporary one. Eventually it will be
replaced by some kind of wall that is completely heat resistent once I find
some material. Currently it's only a 2.5" heat resistant polymer tube,
which I plan to swap out with a jet hot coated pipe. PRD, a local race
shop, has used these in the past and it works great. The jet hot coated
pipe doesn't even heat up on the inside whatsoever. I'd love to have this
air intake setup dynoed just to really see how great it works, but I'm not
gonna fork out that cash just to prove I'm right. That's all for now.
Thanks.

http://www.angelfire.com/me2/rt360/page2.html