Re: mp3 players in Daks Was: Booted the Console

From: Robert Howe (robbii@pacbell.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 1999 - 03:35:14 EDT

Mike... I agree with you in many ways... and I don't know about you... but
the reason I use MP3's is to have access to all my CD music without a CD
player... I bought a Rio... and I ripped all my Cd's.. and now I can go
mountain biking without a skip.. and less weight to boot...

There are those that have ripped off the music industry.... and I believe
that there should be a way to protect it... but don't get all distraught at
those of us who like the solid state ability that the technology has given
us.

I've Downloaded music before... and then based on the music.. went out and
bought the CD's because I believe that good recorded music can only be
recorded is someone knows that someone likes it... how can they tell... by
looking at record sales... It's like voting...

I know that you were avoiding a flame war... and I'm not flaming you
directly.. but more like the entire music industry... making it "wrong" to
have the MP3 Format... it isn't wrong... just not a "monitorable" industry.
You have hit the problem nail on the head... but instead of fighting the
medium... howbout looking for the solution...

Again.. .no flame thrower active... just giving the opposite side a chance
too...

Robert Howe
'95 V6 4x4 5-Spd
Bone Stock. :(