RE: First Mopar - same old questions

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 1999 - 16:30:10 EDT

Hey, you'll have to let us know how the install goes, I plan on doing it
soon. I guess I'll have to go with the Tuff Country instead of the Rancho,
since there's no way I'm going to put wheels on my truck with that goofy
offset!! You're right about the wheel offset wearing out wheel bearings,
just ask all those Jeep Wrangler owners who put those 10" wheels (which
stick way out) on their vehicles!!

I don't know if you've had your truck off road yet, but when you do it'll
impress you. I put a locker in the rear of my '98 and it's incredible,
epecially with fuel injection. My normal off road rig is my Ramcharger
which is also built and set up just for off road and it does awesome, but
don't get it above 6500 feet or the crappy carb starts to act up. With the
Dakota it's nice just to be able to sit on an incline and not worry about it
flooding out at idle. With the 5 speed, the 43:1 crawl ratio is better than
the Ramcharger also!!

John McKinney