Re: Re: Ram air setups

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Jun 17 1999 - 11:26:59 EDT

Gordon Adams wrote:
> sounds like you think the Gen II might be the way to go. with the smooth, 4
> in. pipe to the raised airhat. Would this be a safe assumption??

No, that wouldn't be a safe assumption.
Since you're asking for my opinion, here you go:
I wouldn't but ANY aftermarket induction/filter system, K&N GEN II is
going to be a waste of money IMHO.
No air filter setup of ANY kind will net you 25 hp. It just won't
happen.
A "hogged out" T/B probably isn't worth 25 hp.
I say, stick with and modify your exhisting setup making it a "Ram Air".

The only way to convince me that I'm wrong would be to test the product
in question, in a "Scientific" experiment.
Either 3 Dyno pulls(expensive) or 3 passes at the track(more likely)
with the stock setup, then 3 with the new product and then 3 more with
the stock again.
Average each set of 3 to obtain one number to compare each step of the
experiment.
If the K&N or any other setup came out on top by any appreciable margin,
I'd be really surprised AND convinced that I'm wrong.
                                                          Alan S.