Re: Re: Ram air setups

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 11:40:38 EDT

>I am curious mainly about the differences between
>Gen II and Mopar cold air intake.

Not 100% sure but, from the pictures that I've seen,
K&N makes their Gen II for Mopar. The $249.95 price
was advertised way before the product became available.

When I found that I would have to pay almost $400 CDN
(without 15% in taxes) for the Gen II, I respectfully
declined and got their 14" x 2.75: FIPK model 1503. Everything
was included: s-bolt and even their cleaner kit for about
$150 CDN. I just had to replace the upper rad hose with one from
the '97 Grand Cherokee V8 and a hose from my swimming pool
supplies which fit perfectly into the angular stock hoses that attach
from the driver's side valve cover to the air cleaner.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2