Re: 99 cc 5.2 Rough shifting into reverse

From: Ryan T. Grimes (rugbynut@mpdr0.chicago.il.ameritech.net)
Date: Sun Jun 20 1999 - 02:58:46 EDT

>It seems like there is a lot of slack in the drive line. Every time I put
>it in reverse I get a loud clunk. Anyone else have this problem?

I've recently had this problem in my '98 Dakota 5.2, and it's gotten worse.
I park on an incline driveway and sometimes I have to actually yank it out
of park into reverse. I'm taking it into the dealer Tuesday to have it
checked out because other problems have come up. For instance, if I gun it
right off the line, or coming out a tollbooth, it won't shift out of first
gear unless I let off the gas. It hasn't gotten worse lately, but I
haven't pushed it hard, just to make sure I don't drop my transmission on
the tollway on the way to work. I'll let you know what the dealer says
Tuesday.
Ryan T. Grimes
Rugby-[CMG]
Clan Mac Gaming