More TBI stuff... Attn: F or B

From: Ryan Krokosinski (ryan@equinoxfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 00:49:48 EDT

I thought that Frank & Bruce researched this. Didn't they? I
can't remember what the verdict was. Maybe I'm dreaming. F or B..
in your infinite TB wisdom do you have this answer for us?

Ryan K
'99 R/T RC

That's the only experience I have to go on. From what I've been
around,
almost every high performance carb I've seen (for eg; Weber) have
used mini
stacks to prevent turbulence at the air inlet, which on a carb'd
application
can prevent an uneven charging of the combustion chambers. While
it may not
be as important on a FI engine with an injector aiming at the
port, I still
think it's an advantage (more air flow) to have them in place.

FWIW - I can remove the horns while the TB is in the mill, it
only takes an
extra few minutes of programming to remove the horns and bring a
radius
cutter in there and re-radius the throttle bores simlar to what
some list
members have done. The only thing is - does it work?