Re: Re: To Mod or MPI?

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 15:30:50 EDT

In a message dated 6/24/99 2:56:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
GSWillhite@ualr.edu writes:

<< Uh Oh, I hope its not rearend problems again. >>

We hope not but there is a definate problem in the engine.....

<<I'm glad to hear he has installed it and its OK. Hopefully theres
no major difference between Jon's 96 and your 93, other than TB's
and a little sensor wiring. Looks like the MPI will work on our
emission bogged Daks after all. Keep us informed Bill.
Thanks>>

One major difference is that the 93 has a egr valve where the 96 does not
atleast not externally. The MPI does not have accomodations for the EGR.
Hopefully all will be well with out it. Tom with the 92 Dak says it works
fine without it so hopefully it will on mine also. On a 96 or newer
especially without air they should work pretty good. With air you have to
modify the bracket and one mounting area to clear the thermostat/ water neck
area.

Yepper we will keep up up to date once we get all the bugs out of them.

Bill