Re: Re: TV Cable adjusted... comparing results

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 10:58:46 EDT

>> five. The strange thing is that as soon as I shift into third, the
>> transmission almost immediately shifts into overdrive(35-40mph without
>heavy
>> acceleration) Is mine adjusted too much, not enough, or is this what
>others
>> have experienced??

That's what mine does right now. I believe what is happening is the TV cable
is controlling the hydraulic shift points (1-2-3) and once it is in 3rd the
computer says "go to overdrive"... See by adjusting the cable you can move
the shift points up in the rpm band. So now by the time it shifts into 3rd
the computer thinks it should be in overdrive already and so it shifts into
OD as soon as it can. The point is, I don't THINK the cable adjustment will
alter the overdrive shift points.

At least that's my theory on the whole mess. I don't know if there is a "too
far" as long as you don't bump the rev limiter on WOT shifts. I just moved
mine back down a bit last night because my 2-3 shift was just too high in the
rpm band for normal everyday driving.

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
        '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page