Re: One last time for the asp pulley install

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 11:52:20 EDT

James, with your 137amp alt. you shouldn't have any
adverse effects from underdriving both, just don't
idle long running headlights, etc.. The actual
install is simple, just make sure you have everything
on hand and it'll go smoothly. (1/2 socket, locktite
242 for the crank) You may run into probs. getting
the alt. pulley off if you don't have a vise or impact
wrench, but I imagine that any shop will swap the
pulley for little or no $$... Oh, don't forget to get
your shorter belt before you start the install :)

--- "Densteadt, James" <james.densteadt@eds.com>
wrote:
> Has anyone actually installed both crank and
> altenator pulleys? Most people
> reported a .2 gain from just the crank and i know
> most of the power comes
> from there, but I'm hoping to get a little bit more
> out of the altenator
> pulley as well. How hard was the actual install? I
> have the set of step by
> step directions. I have very little mechanical
> knowledge(shhh, don't tell
> anyone!), but I'm gonna give it a try because it
> seems easy. Thanks for all
> the info.
>
> 98 Dakota R/T CC

===
Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.653@89.12)
MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers, ASP underdrive crank pulley, Hayden 16" elec. fan
http://come.to/killbilly
ICQ # 9720504
IM: Fast4x4