Re: brake pads

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 10:47:51 EDT

At 11:49 PM 7/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm not for sure, but I have been told that carbon-metallic pads stop great,
>but they will eat up your rotors pretty fast because of the metallic in them.

My personal experience with carbon metallic pads are that they are great for
stopping and they have not been hard on the rotors. This is on a Grand
Caravan ES
to give you a reference with respect to weight. I had the pads and the
rotors replaced
at Midas when the OE pads gouged the OE rotors just after 20000 KM. The OE
rotors
are not made of very high quality metal.

I have also found that there is less brake dust given off by these pads than
the OE pads.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red