not roadrage

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Sun Jul 11 1999 - 00:28:05 EDT

"These are examples of road rage guys.Tailgating is one thing but if
it is being done in the fast lane then you need to step aside
and let them pass. I tailgate too(among other moves)when someone
is dawdling along in the fast lane."

-The tailgaitin' idiot is the road rage. This is the reaction to road
rage. Someone does something that scares the BeJesus outof 'em and
maybe it makes them think and drive like a sane person. It's stupid to
tailgate someone who's already doing 80 mph. If you want to go faster,
find your own way around. I figure that if I'm already breaking the law
going 15+mph over the limit, then I aint pullin' over for someone who
wants to do 90. If I want to do the speed limit, then I'm in the right
lane.
  My favorite move: You look in your rear view mirror and see an idiot
swapping lanes back and forth and back and forth when everyone is doing
55 anyway, and 1 lane inches ahead, then the other lane catches it and
heads forward a little faster. The jerk takes the lane going faster,
then realizes it's starting to slow down, so he cuts someone off and
goes into the other lane and so on. If things get timed just right,
he'll end up right next to you as your lane picks up a little head of
steam, and he figures he'll slip in behind you. Just as you see him
look in his mirror to check (like he cares anyway) lightly tap the
brakes not to show brake lights ('member, he aint looking forward right
now anyway) but to take the head of steam off, and when he starts to
pull over and looks forward, blam! you're still there!
  I pulled this on this guy the other day, and I swear he pulled back in
the slower lane, pulled back from traffic, and drove perfectly fine the
next 10 miles to our exit. When he eventually went past, he wouldnt
even look at me.
Patrick