Factory Alarm

From: Brian Duncan (brian@efogm.msd.ray.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 1999 - 17:21:49 EDT

I have the factory alarm installed on my Dak.

Does anyone know what this alarm monitors? When should the thing go off?

I lock the doors every time I get out of the truck and the alarm sets
automatically (can see the security light blinking). Once, I tried to
stand on my side-steps and jump up and down and couldn't make it go off.
I also opened the tailgate, tried to open the doors and still couldn't
make it go off.

I beginning to wonder if the thing is really doing anything!

Any ideas what I could check to be sure it's actually working?

--
Brian D.
     (_____