Speedo not working & poor DC service!

From: Rieger, Randy A (randy.a.rieger@intel.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 1999 - 17:00:42 EDT

Hey folks, need a bit of assistance. My Dak - '94 CC 4x4 318/5spd, the
speedo gave up. It's very irratic bouncing from 0-whatever and now mostly
sits at 0. My 7/70 extended warranty expired about 1500 miles ago. I
called the dealer and he said it is most likely the speed sensor. Any other
possibilities? I asked if it could covered on warranty since it just
passed and he could not authorize it. He gave me the number to call. I
called it earlier today and I barely got the words out of my mouth as to
what was up and got a very quick 'sorry, can't help you' reply. I tried
explaining it again, and that it had just happened. She said 'with the
speedo not working I don't know how many miles are on the truck so I don't
know when your warranty expired' What a crock! She refused to let me talk
to a supervisor or any other options. So, two requests - Where is this
speed sensor located and is it any major deal to change, and any idea on $$?
And, I'd like to call and/or write a letter to DC to explain the issue and
the poor customer support and see if they will authorize the warranty
coverage. Anybody got the Phone #'s addresses I should try?
I'm in digest mode so either direct or list is OK.

Thanks!!
Randy
94 CC 318/5sp/4x4/Ramsey Pro 9000/~71,500K/Ham call KF6HOZ
randy.a.rieger@intel.com