Embarrissing but Fun --1/4 Mile w/a 4x4

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Jul 21 1999 - 22:22:01 EDT

Well I finally brought my truck up to New England Dragway... Very
disappointing times but I can see why a lot of you guys are addicted to racing!
 Lot's of fun!

Anyway, I got a big cap on the back, left all my tools in the truck and had a
30 pack of Coors I had just picked up (I'm having some now :-). My rig is a
'98 318 CC 4x4 Auto (3.55 Gears) with a bunch of wheelin' stuff attached (like
skid plates, tow hooks, hitch w/tow ring, etc., etc.). Obviously this was just
for fun!

I guess I can't delay this any longer --here are the ugly details:

            1st Run 2nd Run

R/T 1.276 (Oops!) .836
60' 2.628 2.584
330 7.308 7.311
1/8 11.232 11.265
MPH 63.14 62.80
1000 14.581 14.630
1/4 17.449 (YEEF!) 17.505 (YEEF Again!)
MPH 78.06 77.85

It didn't help much that I was matched up against 13 second cars on both run!
Hell, I could barely see them down the end of the track! :( I was gonna' try
a couple more runs but it started getting really busy and I don't think my ego
could take much more abuse. ;-)

Tom