Re: Re: 5.2L Vs. 4.7L Question

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 11:45:18 EDT

No idea on whether he can get either in a '00 truck... but if you want to
know people's impression of the 4.7L, check out the Jeep boards... same
engine was in the '99 Grand Cherokee. I've heard it's lacking in bottom end
torque compared to the 5.2, but you didn't say if you were looking for a
rock crawler.. if you can live with that, from what I've heard it's been a
pretty good engine- just keep in mind that if you thought the aftermarket
parts were scarce for the 5.2L......

Gary Shook