My thoughts on the TB issue...really really long sorry!

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 05:46:43 EDT

Hello Everyone,
I have been kind of laying low for a while, and just been reading all the posts
about the TBs.
I am the one that usually gets left off the TB option list......which is
surprising since so many of you are already using my products.
  Bruce and Frank, myself "Quick D" , R&D, or even the homegrown TB modifications
done with a dremel will all make your truck perform better than stock. But I
don't see how "that other guy" as someone wrote can be compared to our products
Lets not forget that we all started as friends trying to make our trucks better
for cheaper than what was already out there. I really didn't want to sell a
kidney for some teflon coating on a TB, so when I was approached by Dan, to trade
an intake for modified TB, I jumped at it. That's when I got the stock core from
Bruce to send to Dan......it really is a small world.
One of the first and best experiences I have had with my truck was a great
Caravan up north with some of the local Dmlers. We all had such a great time, we
talked, ate, played in the sand, and turned lots of heads along the way. I could
have sworn that CHP unit was going to turn around and follow us all the way.
I hope the day will come when we can all get together again. I cant imagine all
that must be going on in the Bruce and Frank camp. Its probably very exciting and
yet very stressful at the same time.
Since my car accident, this has been my full time activity. Its a hand full, I
cant imagine what it must be like with a really good full time job like theirs.
I think I have it a bit easier because I am able to handle the single orders on a
one on one basis. And If I don't keep my customers happy, I know I wont get to
eat. As the orders come in, if I think it will take longer for me to fill the
orders than normal, I can order more cores to be able to fill the orders. I am
able to do this because I already have the orders in hand.
If you break down what the cores cost, the shipping, I ship second day air, and
include the return postage for the core, then add in the new stainless buttonhead
bolts and gaskets, the new longer S bolt.....there is not a lot left for the
machine work......so it has to be a labor of love.
I really try to give the best customer service I can possibly give. I have sat
at a restaurant with my girlfriend giving me that evil eye, as I talked someone
through an install on my cell phone. And I am sure most of you know how that, I
cant believe he is talking about his truck again look goes...........
So Anyway, I hope the people that have my filter kits and TBs keep enjoying them,
I hope Bruce and Frank get to take time to enjoy their trucks again, and I hope
that whoever wants a TB gets to have one, its all about enjoying our trucks and
each other.

For any So Cal DMLers,
There is going to be a Picnic on the 28th of August in Redondo Beach. It is not
a DML function, nor is it a DOC function........its a lets hang out and talk
about our dodge truck day. I am inviting Durangos, Dakotas, Rams, Anyone who
loves their truck, and wants to have a great day.......I am thinking about
putting a dyno night together for right afterwards.
If you would like more info, please email me privately.......take care and stay
safe all of you Tony D
www.quickd.com