Our brand new 2000 4.7 SLT+ 4x2 Club Cab

From: Brett R. Elliott (brett@cs.utexas.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 15:21:56 EDT

My wife and I have been looking for a V8 dakota for a few months now.
This weekend while visiting my sister in Ft. Worth, we stop into a Dodge
dealer and fresh off the trailer was the beautiful beast described in the
subject line. With a $21,000 sticker I hestitated even test driving it,
but thankfully my wife (whom I bought the truck for) insisted on taking
it for a spin.

Earlier that day I test drove a 318 Ram 4x2 and the 4.7 Dakota felt like
it would leave the Ram choking on Dakota exhaust. Not to mention it
handled 150% better.

Ours included the new automatic tranny. This had to be the smoothest Auto
I have even driven. Upshifts are nearly unnoticable and down shifts are
softer than a baby's bottom. A big gold star to Dodge for this
improvement. :)

As for the electric fan that I saw mention of in the Archives... Our Truck
has an electric fan mounted on the inside of the radiator, but there is
still a belt driven fan connected to the water pump and a cowel molded for
and around this fan.

I can't wait for this engine (which had 3 miles on it when we bought it)
to be broken-in so I can get some 1/4 mile times.

Proud to be a dakota owner,
        -Brett

PS Sorry for the long post, but I am a little excited. Can you blame me?

        "An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys."

Brett Elliott brett@cs.utexas.edu
Systems Analyst Computer Science Major
Computer Writing and Research Labs