Answer to RD vs Quick D T/B subject.

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 18:58:55 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/99 11:46:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Kabuki2@aol.com
writes:

<< Funny, the mounting of the butterflies is the exact same on my TB as it is
on
 the "Quick D" TB. Actually, doesn't the Quick D TB use buttonhead screws? If
 so, ours would use a better mounting system as our new, stainless steel
 throttle plates are counter bored so our SS flat head screws are counter
sunk
 into the blades themsleves. Nothing in the cross section of the throttle
 bore.

 It's a moot point without you actually having two of these TBs to compare,
 so, instead of arguing back and forth I'm going back to the shop to work on
 the TBs a little more.

  :)

 ttyl
 Patrick

How about both R&D and Quick D send me a a full on Throttle Body (along with
anyone else on here who makes them). My motor will be going on the dyno
stand at Kammer & Kammer in the next couple weeks. I will have Bob at Kammer
& Kammer compare the two, and post the results on here. Of course, I will
pay for the better one, and return the other, only after I figure out which
is "better". Personally, I doubt there will be much difference.

Brad