New guy w/ questions

From: Mgstyer@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 06:02:02 EDT

Hey all,

I heard about this DML from a friend, and I must say I like what I've been
reading from the eaves. I have a 93 V6 CC. Best truck I've had. Could be
better but I'm working on that. I like it enough that I was able to convince
another friend of mine to buy an 89 4cyl dak when his Crapilier, err, Chevy
Cavilier blew a whole in the side of the block the size of a softball.

I've got two questions right now though, if no one minds.

A guy I know has an old 65 Mustang w/ the HI-PO 289. The 298 is modified
with an Edlebrock 4 barrel carb and Edlebrock headers, as well as heads from
an earlier Ford 260 V8. The 260 heads up the compression to about 12:1. The
guy says the engine now pulls around 325 HP and 365 ft/lbs torque, with the
same gas mileage. He used to race for Ford and is a good guy, so I'm sure he
knows what he's talking about. What I'm wondering is if the heads from any
of the smaller Chrysler V6's can be used on the 3.9 Magnum V6 I have in my
truck. This is a new realm of automotives to me, but I'm trying here :) Now
that us kids are starting to get out of the house, my dad went out and got a
98 Chrysler T&C minivan with the 3.8 (?) V6. I think it has aluminum heads,
but I didn't get to look at it any. How about the 3.3 V6 that I think are in
the Intrepids and such? It may sound stupid and/or stubborn, but I really
like my V6 and it's milage, so if I could keep the two...

And a question for my friend with the 89 4cyl and 5-speed. He is in need of
a new transmission which we will more than likely get from a scrap yard and
switch out ourselves. Can that year and engine size Dak use a transmission
from any other year of engine size Dakota? For example, could we use the
transmission from a 1990 V6?

Anyway, sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for any help.

Mike S.
Nashville