Re: RE:tranny fluid, where is it?

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 11:50:39 EDT

Mobil 1 ATF is great stuff, I run it in my xfer case... but the 4xRH/4xRE
transmissions ('89 would be a 518, right?) WILL at minimum shudder when the
T/C is locking up if you run it... The ATF +3 spec calls for "friction
modifiers" that make the clutch engage smoothly... There was supposedly an
additive out there that you could use to add the "friction modifiers", but I
haven't seen it, and have heard many recommend NOT using it.

Gary Shook

>I've been running Mobil1 ATF in my 89 since my last tranny rebuild (damn
>overdrive), The guy at the shop recommended it and I've always used their
>oil with good results. Just my $.02...
>John
>
>>Well I have been shopping for a tranny fluid to put in after I install the
>>ole transgo shift kit. But I'm having a problem finding tranny fluid for
>my
>>dak. About 90% of the ATF fluid I have seen says that it will work with
GM