Re: Sound System Question

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 21 1999 - 23:36:42 EDT

What gauge power wire are you running it? do you have the 2 MTX thunder 5000
subs in there? 2 things that you should look at. If you just plugged the
bananna plugs from the thunderform up to the amp, and bridged it at the amp.
That's a 4 ohm load. That amp should take it. I had a 2150x on 2 IDQ 10"s
at 4 ohms and it never shut off. Seems like a power wire being too small,
and/or a bad ground.
-Dester

PS. where did you mount that amp?

<< Hey Guys,
 Once in a while when I crank up my thunderform, say 3/4 of the way on a
 "lots of bass" cd. My MTX2150 goes out. If I shut the system down for a
 while, I guess it cools off or something and is ok. Can someone tell me
 whats going on and how to stop it from happining?
 Thanks,
 Bob