Re: Sound System Question (Dester)

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Aug 22 1999 - 18:46:23 EDT

    .

> Do you have the 2 MTX thunder 5000 subs in there? Yes

> 2 things that you should look at. If you just plugged the
> bananna plugs from the thunderform up to the amp, and bridged it at the amp.
> That's a 4 ohm load. That amp should take it. I had a 2150x on 2 IDQ 10"s
> at 4 ohms and it never shut off. Seems like a power wire being too small,
> and/or a bad ground.

   Yep, bridged at the amp. 12 Gauge from the amp to the Thunder form

   Can't be the wire, but I'll check my connections and ground ( to the seat
bolt)

   The amps under the driver seat, I think thast may be the problem, running hot,
no
   air. If I don't find any loose conections I'm gonna hook up a small fan to
move
   some air under there.

   Thanks,
   Bob